John H. H. F. Cornelison
John@VashonSoftware.com • www.VashonSoftware.com • LinkedIn
@JohnCornelison • @VashonBPrepared • @NwHIN
10506 SW 132nd Place, Vashon, WA 98070-3404
Software architect fluent in rapid comprehension of new technologies’ limitations & potentials, with the engineering skill to integrate them into a complex enterprise environment seeks challenging position. With a developer’s ability to delve into detail & track loose ends, I uniquely can take this deep technical analysis to a high, broad-based, abstract level & impartially communicate various technologies’ synergies & risks–simply, concisely, without jargon. Civic accomplishments reflect my social & interpersonal skills.
· Enterprise & Federal Software Architect
· Heath Information Exchanges, RHIOs & PHRs
· Healthcare IT using FHA open-source solutions
· Complex project management using Agile & CMMI SDLC
· Influential verbal, written & online communicator
· Content Management System based web sites
· Open Source + Microsoft Development
· Non-Profit Management & Governance
· NRF/NIMS/ICS based disaster preparedness
Vashon Software (1999-Present) Consultant
· Creative, innovative Content Management System web sites incorporating DotNetNuke, WordPress, SharePoint, JQuery, fluid design, dynamic CSS, C#, AJAX & XSLT.
· Created numerous advanced MSI & InstallShield installers.
· Notable fulltime contracts included:
Military Health System, Western Region MEDCOM, Regional Informatics (2007-2010) Healthcare IT Architect/Sr. Developer
Implemented Federal Health Architecture for South Sound Health Information Exchange:
· Architected vanguard CSI pilot to share medical records regionally using federal open source CONNECT SOA software.
· Technical project manager for complex effort involving 2 community hospital systems, an Army hospital & commercial vendor. Demonstrated effective partner communications, innovative architecture, NwHIN briefings, legal & ONC on-boarding compliance, requirements & use case specification, data mapping, validation/acceptance testing & training. Originated 2 use cases, unforeseen in federal VLER effort.
· HIE, NwHIN, Direct Project, SSO & PHR subject matter expert.
· Integrated Microsoft’s Vergence Single Sign-On/CCOW into complex enterprise environment. Provided key critique in federal requirements verification. DoD IA process early adopter.
· Architected & developed Smart Card authentication applet for DoD’s Personal Health Record portal ahead of schedule.
· Transformed dev team’s project management & SDLC thru ALM Assessment, adoption of custom agile & CMMI processes using TFS, MS Project, SVN & trac open source project management. MSDN Volume Licensing manager.
· Co-architected SOA BizTalk based message broker allowing unified view of in-patient & out-patient data.
Microsoft (2006) Excell contractor
· Applied Security Development Lifecycle methodology to Winhlp32. Trained co-workers on SAL Annotations, PREfix, PREfast, Visual Studio/Product Studio, SharePoint & MSI.
Technodyne LLC (2005) S-PLUS Integration Architect
· Enterprise Statistics Server integration for Morgan Stanley.
· Architected & implemented mission critical ATL/C++ retail signage engine as a scalable web service facilitating entire new line of business for major enterprise retailers.
· Early Site Server adopter, aided by Microsoft’s core devs.
TIBCO (1995-1999) Consultant & Sr. Software Engineer
· Strategized with clients on ActiveX interfaces for S-PLUS statistics server on IIS. On-site installation & dev training.
· Project Manager for S-PLUS for ArcView GIS, allowing ArcView users to access S-PLUS’ geospatial analytics via ActiveX.
· CORBA interface for Java GeoBrowse app - to ID crops, forests & human use from hyper-spectral satellite images.
· Review object DB systems for graphical & analysis data.
· Integrated AXUM technical graphics app into S-PLUS: UI, add ODBC driver, use BoundsChecker, HeapAgent & Purify
· Ported S-PLUS statistics app to Win32. Installer.
· Initiated & helped author corporate Intranet.
· Supported system admins on networking & security issues.
IBM - Kirkland Prog. Ctr (1993-1995) Staff Programmer
· PowerPC port of Windows NT: Project manager for Setup, SDK/DDK, SQL Server, MFC & printing components, requiring intimate knowledge of NT loaders, HALS/kernel/executive, drivers, external API & source code. Work with core NT team.
· Primary IBM dev & marketing rep at Comdex debut.
Seattle Lab (1992-1993) Systems Engineer
· Ported UniVerse client-server DB from UNIX to Windows NT.
League of American Bicyclists (1987-1991) Executive Director
· Directed 12 staff at national organization with 23,000 members, 2,000 volunteers & 500 clubs.
· Piloted 280% growth of annual budget to $1,340,000, retiring half-year accounts payables backlog. Write grants.
· Initiated successful programs in membership (53% record growth reversed a previous 33% decline), fundraising ($70,000 new annually), volunteering & planning.
MN Dept. of Health (1985-1986) Analytical Lab Specialist
· Led development of new lab results reporting & billing system.
Dimensional Medicine Inc. (1983-1984) Software Engineer
· Developed real time, interactive, 3-D diagnostic graphics software for modeling skull & spinal surgery.
U of MN Computer Center (1982-1983) Analyst/Programmer
· Project leader supervising 4 programmers to manage state of the art graphics systems. Conceived/taught 6 courses.
Interactive Mgmt. Systems (1978-1981) Programmer/Analyst
· Developed/maintain DB & A/P, A/R, GL, payroll packages.
· Trained & troubleshot problems for client CPAs.
VashonBePrepared, (2005-Present) Founding President, CTO
Vashon EOC (2010-Present) Planning Section Deputy Chief
· Lead model 501(c)(3) coalition of 10 local disaster preparedness groups & 400 volunteers working closely with County govt. on our seismically active island.
· EOC Message Center Coordinator with team of 30.
· CTO providing technical analysis to govt. agencies
· CMS portal intranet sites with custom applications.
· Liaison with King County Office of Emergency Management, county emergency managers & regional COADs. Primary representative for $200K of grants.
Seattle DotNetNuke User Group (2009-present) Founding Member
Vashon Maury Island Radio Club & Amateur Radio Emergency Services (2006-present) KE7KDQ, General
Vashon Digital Alliance (2001-2008) Founding Member; Developer SIG Chair
BackOffice Professionals Association (1996-1998) Founding Board Member; Secretary; Internet Special Interest Group Chair
American Trails (1989-1992) Chairman of the Board; Fundraising Committee Chair; Board Member
Friends of the Earth (1981-1986) MN Chapter President & Co-Founder; Washington, D.C. intern
Education & Certification
Official Microsoft beta tester #126484
Microsoft Certified Product Specialist
ICS 100, 200b, 300, 400, 700a, 775, 800
University of Colorado, University of Minnesota Graduate study
The Colorado College BA Mathematics (Computer Science) 1981
Western Reserve Academy National Merit Commendation
Interests: avid telemark skier, whitewater kayaker, bicyclist, gardener, photographer, traveler.
Updates and Additional Formats to This Résumé
Latest Version and Alternative Formats
The latest copy of this résumé is available online at www.VashonSoftware.com
. Alternative formats, such as XML, HTML & plain text are also available.